Reduce pain, inflammation, prevent injury and help maintain the normal integrity of your soft tissues.
What is it?
After many years as a very accomplished remedial massage therapist, Jane Wear has further her professional training to attain the qualification of Myotherapy. A myotherapist aims to treat the soft tissue system (nerves, muscles, fascia and joints) that may be causing symptoms such as pain, stiffness, tightness or general difficulty in performing daily tasks. Jane will assess, treat and manage complaints using an evidence-based wholistic approach to your problem.
What can I expect during a treatment?
Your myotherapist aims to reduce pain, inflammation, prevent injury and help maintain the normal integrity of your soft tissues with techniques that may include a combination of:
- Dry needling – electrotherapeutic & myofascial
- Myofascial release and Trigger Point Therapy
- Muscle Energy Technique
- Joint Mobilisation with Movement
- Remedial Massage
- Taping techniques
- Exercise prescription.
Why do I see a Myotherapist?
Myotherapists treat a wide range of complaints such as:
- Migraines and Tension Headaches
- Back pain
- Joint pain
- TMJ/jaw pain
- Sports Injuries: Sprains/strains/tears
- Repetitive strain injury (RSI)
- Myofascial pain syndrome/fibromyalgia and other chronic pain presentations
- Postural dysfunction
- General muscular tension
- Rehabilitation pre/post-surgery
Make an appointment
Please make contact with the reception staff who will help with any questions with regards to making an appointment to see Jane.